With offices in Chicago and Phoenix, Cambridge Companies combines expert commercial and industrial construction services with high quality customer service. With over 30 years of experience, Cambridge Companies has developed a long-standing reputation for providing superior workmanship not only on schedule, but also on budget. Our experienced team assists you through each step of the estimating, design, and construction processes with integrity and reliability.
The Cambridge process includes scoping, design, permitting, procurement, construction, close out and follow up. Our design-build process provides cost-effective, timely building solutions to companies and municipalities nationwide. Building projects can often become overwhelming and frustrating because there are so many details and people involved. Cambridge Companies streamlines and simplifies the building process by coordinating all details of your project.
Through Cambridge Companies’ design-build solution, your company or municipality benefits from the services provided by a project team. This project team is readily-available to answer questions and to work closely with your team, helping maximize functionality while minimizing cost and keeping the project on-budget. Below are the detailed steps of the process.
- Programming & Conceptual Design Phase (Scoping or Feasibility): During the scoping phase, Cambridge will review the current state of your project and generate a project mission statement, solutions, budgets and schedules. The ideas and concepts are accepted and signed off on prior to beginning any design work.
- Design & Permitting Phase: Based upon agreed deadlines, Cambridge begins to work on drawings that will meet the needs of the customer’s waste management facility. Bid/Permit drawings would be completed first, followed by construction drawings. Cambridge also handles procurement of any necessary state, village, or city permits for the construction project.
- Procurement Phase: Once the designs have been approved and permits have been acquired, Cambridge begins to bid out the job to subcontractors. The subcontractors sent requests are within the local market for all jobs. Each division of the project has 4 bids per trade in order to accurately compare them, helping to reduce change orders during construction. The final step in this phase is for selection. Cambridge supplies bids from each trade with any necessary suggestions so the owner, who has the ultimate decision, can choose the subcontractors they would like to hire.
- Construction Phase: After all permits are secured and subcontractors chosen, Cambridge begins construction. The key items Cambridge focuses on throughout construction at the job site include safety, quality, ample communication with all parties, keeping the project under budget and on-time, and ensuring the owner is satisfied with the end product.
- Close-Out Phase: The Close Out Phase includes supplying owners with:
- a short punch-list, making any necessary plans to complete them as seen fit,
- as-built drawings and warranty book delivered to customers, and
- completing a project recap report summarizing the estimated budget and timeframe to the actual budget and timeframe.
- Follow-Up: Cambridge believes in guaranteeing the quality of our work. Six months after construction has been completed, our team will follow up to discuss the end product. The Cambridge team also completes two facility walk-throughs post-construction.
View our infographic to learn more about the process we utilize.
Our responsive employees are available to answer any questions you may have about our business or provide you with a proposal for an upcoming project. Contact us online or call 866-972-1155.